FOR COACH/ASSISTANT COACH OR TEAM MOM
As a Coach or Team Coordinator, you will want to know how several functions on this website work. Here is a list of the most commonly used functions. Click on the Hyperlink to be directed to the answers or scroll through the answers on this page:
- How do I Log into the Administrative Features of the Website
- How do I Email My Team
- How do I Add a Practice to the Schedule
- How do I Add a News (or Bulletin) Message to My Team Page
- How do I Send a Text Message when I have time critical information
- How do I Correct or Update a Player's or Parent's Contact Info
- How do I Add a Picture to the Website
- How do I Post a Game Score
FOR COACH/ASSISTANT COACH OR TEAM MOM:
ANSWER: How do I Log into the Administrative Features of the Website:
Click on “LOG IN” (upper right corner of the website)
- NEW: Put in your email address (must be the address that is in your profile on the website)
- Put in your personal password (If you have lost your password, follow the online instructions to get it sent to your email address. If you no longer remember the email address you used in your profile, send an email to Linda Colgan at
. Be sure to state your team name.
- When your password has been accepted a new button “Administer” appears next to Log Out button.
: How do I Email My Team
How a coach can group email his/her team:
After logging into the admin features, Menu Surf your way to your team’s Roster
page…by clicking on the Programs/Teams
tab and entering your team’s respective information in the boxes shown below:
Once on your team page, click on the Roster
tab in the left hand column
Click on the Send Email
button near the top/right of the roster page. This will put you into an email composition mode.
To email a smaller subgroup within the team:
follow the same steps above, but once you are in the email composition mode just delete out the email addresses in the “To” box that you do not want to receive the message. A submenu appears which lists player names and check boxes to make this easier to do.
To email a single player
; after logging into the admin area, navigate from the “Administrative Features” page to Members -> Email Members. From the Member Search screen, enter the player’s last name and highlight the team name. This function is only available after the teams have been formed unless you have greater admin access.
Sometimes you need to get time sensitive information to your player's parents and email is too slow. The website has a feature to send Text Messages to cell phones for those parents who turn the feature ON. When you create a bulletin message
that you are also emailing to the team, simply check off the "Send Text Message" box at the bottom of the News Bulletin screen along with the email features check box.
See Setting up News Bulletin Message below for instructions to post a message on your team’s News Page AND email that message out to the team. This is the BEST way to ensure that your entire team gets information.
ANSWER: How do I Add a Practice to the Schedule
How to put a practice on your team’s schedule
As a general note: before adding any practices to your schedule, you can check on whether other teams have already scheduled a practice on a given field by clicking on the Master Schedule tab on the website’s home page (left hand column) and check the facility schedule.
- After logging into the admin features, navigate to your team page and click “Schedule” then click on the button ”Add Event“ (along the top of your TEAM PAGE). From the “New – Game Information” entry box:
- Enter Date and Time.
- Under Location find and click on the field that you are playing on. If it is not there, then use “To be determined” field and send an email to
to get it added.
- Under Category, you select “practice"
- Under Team, select your team.
- Under Opponent, leave it blank
- Hit Submit and you should be all set.
Be sure to go to your schedule and make sure that this practice shows up. If it doesn’t, you have probably entered the wrong grade/team and it is sitting on someone else’s schedule. Figure that out and edit the error.
ANSWER: How do I Add a News (or Bulletin) Message to My Team Page
How a coach can leave a message on the team’s Home page
- After logging into the admin features, Menu surf your way to your team’s Roster page…by clicking on the Programs/Teams tab and entering your team’s respective information in the drop down boxes. From the Team’s HOME page, click on “ADD MESSAGE” button on top left of page under your team name. This will put you into a bulletin composition mode.
- Compose your message.
- If you only want the message posted on the News page ONLY, then just click Submit.
- If you also want the message emailed to your team (recommended), as well as posted as a News or Bulletin item, then click on the Email Broadcast: box and make you’re your team name is highlighted before you click on "Submit".
ANSWER: How do I Send a Text Message when I have time critical information
Sometimes you need to get time sensitive information to your player's parents and email is too slow. The website has a feature to send Text Messages to cell phones for those parents who turn the feature ON. When you create a bulletin message that you are also emailing to the team, simply check off the "Send Text Message" box at the bottom of the News Bulletin screen along with the email features check box.
ANSWER: How do I Correct or Update a Player's or Parent's Contact Info
How a coach can correct or update a player's or parent's contact info:
Ideally, you want PARENTS to update their own profile information to keep it current. Parents can do this by clicking on the "UPDATE MY ACCOUNT" menu item at the bottom of the Home Page. They need their email address and password to do this. Instructions are on the pages to walk them through the process.
In the event that Parent Input is not available and you as a coach need to update player information. Use the instructions below. Please note that THIS IS AN ADMIN FEATURE AND NOT ALL COACHES HAVE THIS ACCESS. Send an email to
if you need admin to make the corrections for you.
- After logging into the admin features, navigate to your Team then click on the Roster menu in the left hand column.
- To change a player’s info, click on the edit icon that is to the left of his name.
- To change a parent’s info, click directly on the parent’s name that is below the player’s name in parenthesis
- Make your changes, and click on Submit
- To add an additional email address, click into the email address box, and a semi colon and a space after the existing email address and then type in the new additional address.
- To add a parent to the player’s profile: Bring up the player’s profile as described above, then surf to the bottom of the page and click on Clone as adult . Input the parent’s name in this new profile page, edit in any changes such as a specific email address or cell phone for that parent and then Submit
ANSWER: How do I Add a Picture to the Website
Uploading Photo Files (Coaches, Team Moms, Parents):
- Click on “LOG IN”
- Put in your name (Two words--You must use your own name)
- Password for adding pictures is: wiltonlaxpics
- Follow directions for posting pictures to the Association Page. Guidelines are below.
- Do not include a player's full name in the photo caption, or post a photo where a nameplate is visible.
- Use the Browse button to display a file dialog box that you can use to locate your picture file (.JPG files only) on your computer. Once you locate the file and submit the form, the picture will be uploaded to the web site and added to the list along with your description.
- Pictures wider than 580 pixels will be resized to that width. Pictures taller than 600 pixels will be reduced to that height. If you can, try to crop out unnecessary parts of the picture. Also, please use your best judgment when submitting material for display here. We don't want to have to censor anyone.
Problems? When first going to the Picture page, you might be prompted to install an Active X file. You’ll need to do this in order to upload pictures.
The Federal Trade Commission has implemented the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). The main goal of the COPPA and the rule is to protect the privacy of children using the Internet. Publication of the rule means that, as of April 21, 2000, certain commercial Web sites must obtain parental consent before collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from children under 13.
We recommend not
posting identifiable photos of children on the web site, unless you have permission from the parent. Do not include a player's full name in the photo caption or post a photo where a nameplate is visible.
For Complete Information:
ANSWER: How do I Post a Game Score
How to post game scores:
- Log into the admin features of the website then Menu surf your way to your team’s Results page…by clicking on the Programs/Teams tab and entering your team’s respective information in the drop down boxes and then clicking on the Results tab in the left hand column
- Go to the game listing and click on the edit icon, which is to the far right of the game listing.
- Submit the updated score.
- Check the outcome for accuracy on your Results page